Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Watch it disappear.

Its such a challenge to accept that I am a part of this destructive, murderous, consumer driven species that is the human race. I am mortal, I am human. Sometimes I think it would be nicer to just be a bird. Be a bird and fly away from it all. Fly away from the ebb and flow of universal woe. Its simple. Yet we find it so hard to let go of the irrelevant nonsense of materialistic things. A rectangular piece of green paper with a dollar sign on it means so much. Its ironic, having all the money in the world wont stop you from feeling emotion. You will still feel lonely. Yet this piece of paper entitles a life to some one. With out it you cannot live.
Dylan was right, "No one is free, even the birds are chained to the sky."


We are the only species that consumes without producing. The only people that are doing some good in the world are fixing what we screwed up in the first place. We are like these giant emotional egocentric blobs wandering around making weapons of mass destruction and pumping millions of poisonous toxins into our bodies and the earth. Not to mention cutting down a heck of a lot of trees and killing lots of other people in the process. Discriminating, prosecuting and beating up on each other like there's no tomorrow. Never learning and never stopping – until its too late. I hate that every single day I am apart of that and there's nothing I can do about it. Say goodbye to the ozone layer and clean air guys, because we screwed that up too.
I guess we don't know any better, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment